Alcohol Rehab Help When Alcohol Becomes a Problem
With the responsibilities and stress that most people experience in our modern-day society, alcoholism and alcohol addiction have become progressively common in our communities. Read on to find more about why alcohol rehab is important if you, a loved one, or colleague have a problem. Alcoholism is a complex and delicate subject that must be addressed the instant it is discovered in a friend, colleague, or spouse. Left unchecked, alcoholic addiction can cause permanent damage to your relationship with people and your productivity at work. To gain freedom from alcoholic addiction, you must understand its signs and symptoms, and how it can affect your quality of life.
Our addiction specialists can help you navigate towards the right treatment alternative for your friend and loved one, so you and your family can be free of addiction. Our non-judgmental specialists will take you by the hand and guide you through the detox process, intervention, and rehabilitation processes. On top of that, we make it a point to keep our discussions with you confidential and impartial.
What is alcoholism
Before you attempt to help your friend or loved one overcome his/her alcoholic addiction, you must understand what alcoholism means.
Alcoholism is an excessive dependence on alcohol wherein the person involved cannot stop or reduce drinking without experiencing withdrawal symptoms, such as shakes, perspiration, or irritation. In other words, the person will always feel compelled physically and mentally to drink alcohol.
You are an alcoholic if you consume alcoholic beverages more than intended or necessary to get the same high effect. Knowing the common signs and symptoms of alcoholism can help you get a deeper understanding of what alcoholism means.
Signs and symptoms of alcoholism
- Family and friend are worried about their relationship with alcohol
- Drinking to relieve stress or feel better
- Dishonesty or secrecy about their relationship with alcohol
- Inability to stop drinking despite its experiencing problems in their relationship because of alcohol
- Disregard for responsibility at home, school, or work
- Legal violations resulting from excessive consumption of alcohol
Am I drinking too much?
In general, if a person is experiencing problems in his/her relationship with people at work, home or school, because of his or her fondness for alcohol, such an individual has a drinking problem. So don’t wait until it becomes a big issue before seeking help. Speak to an experienced specialist today about the best step for alcohol rehab..
Symptoms of physical dependence on alcohol
- loss of appetite
- loss of weight
Symptoms of mental dependency on alcohol
- Excessive drinking
- Shaking and vomiting
- Unnecessary isolation
- misappropriation of blame
- Hiding alcohol in unusual places
- Frequent renunciation of alcohol
- alcohol lingers on breath, body, and clothes
- Inability to keep promises and appointments
- Violent or weird behaviors whilst under the influence of alcohol.
- reliance on alcohol for courage, relaxation, or sleep
If someone you know exhibits the aforementioned signs and symptoms of alcoholism or dependency on alcohol, consult an addiction specialist or medical practitioner to get on the road to alcohol rehab. Keep in mind that extreme cases of withdrawal can lead to fatality. We can help you find help for your friend or loved one. Call us today for a confidential discussion about your drinking problem.