Addiction Recovery for Men
Yeldall Manor is a Christian drug and alcoholic rehabilitation centre that has the experience, expertise and the facilities to help you into long term, sustainable recovery.
Alongside getting to grips with your addiction issues you will have you will have the opportunity to explore your faith and spirituality if you want to. There are several staff members who are also ex-residents with several decades of recovery experience between them. You will receive compassion, understanding, challenge and the love throughout your journey at Yeldall.
- Short-term Intensive Rehabilitation Programme:
The 4-week rehabilitation programme, which may also involve detoxification for those who require it, is designed to help residents to become securely grounded in the recovery process. They experience counselling, group-work and recovery focused interventions in a structured, disciplined and supportive environment, which is underpinned by a Christian ethos. Programme elements include: counselling, recovery key-working, relapse prevention planning, aftercare/ongoing support planning sessions, personal reflections/journaling, mindfulness/meditation, able to access on-site BBV clinic, optional spiritual mentoring.
The short term programme does not offer accommodation or job skill training support for when you complete the programme. The expectation is that participants in this programme have accommodation and employment, education or training to return to.
- Long-term Residential Rehabilitation Programme:
PHASE 1 | GROUNDING 12 Weeks
Phase 1 enables residents to stabilise physically, mentally and emotionally. They can return to physical health in a supported environment, whilst starting to build relationships, regain a clarity of mind and the ability to start self-reflecting in order to identify needs and start to set goals for the future. Each resident will reflect on their past and identify harm, taking ownership for their addiction, and start to explore the driving factors of addiction in a supportive community of like-minded men.
At a glance:
- Supportive and structured environment to explore addiction
- Qualified counsellors and group facilitators
- Seamless continuation onto the Yeldall Manor Phase 2 programme
- Training groups on the fundamentals of addiction and process groups to become aware of emotions and behaviours
PHASE 2 | Growth 12 Weeks
Phase 2 empowers residents to advance in recovery skills and grow in physical health. Each resident becomes aware of human functioning, emotional wellbeing, core needs, cognitive/behavioural patterns and develops an understanding of the personal drivers underpinning their addiction, along with an awareness of their own relapse triggers.
At a glance:
- High level of support
- One-to-one counselling with a trained counsellor looking at past and current issues as well as plans for the future
- Teaching groups on life skills, attitudes, ethics, relationships and relapse prevention
- Interactive groups – a chance for each individual to contribute to their own and others’ recovery by becoming responsible and accountable to each other in sharing openly and honestly
- Work in the house or grounds – a chance to learn new skills
- Training opportunities that may include literacy, numeracy and IT
- Recreation, e.g. swimming, football, gym, shopping
- Opportunity to join the 18 to 24-week Phase 3 Recovery Support programme living semi-independently on-site
- Residential Rehabilitation: 20 beds, all male
- On-site Recovery Support: 13 beds
- Move-on/Community-based Recovery Support: 18 spaces in six properties in the surrounding area.