Transforming Lives Through Residential Care
Birchwood is an inpatient residential treatment centre providing a range of services for drug and alcohol users in need of in-patient care. Birchwood is part of Kaleidoscope, a drug and alcohol charity that has been providing community and residential substance misuse treatment services across the UK since 1968. We offer tailor-made treatment packages for detoxification, stabilisation and rehabilitation, providing both clinical and psychosocial interventions. Our unit comprises of 20 single occupancy bedrooms – with three DDA compliant rooms on the lower floor for those with more complex needs or mobility issues. We provide services for both men and women, including pregnant women and those with complex needs.
Kaleidoscope offer clients improved physical and emotional health and wellbeing, and sustained recovery by:
- Intensively resolving physical dependence on drugs and alcohol
- Supporting recovery journeys
- Improving self worth, value, confidence and self esteem
- Improving access to learning and education
- Increasing the visibility of recovered peers
- Creating an aspiration for change through co-production and peer support
- Providing safe, sociable activities
- Placing an emphasis on self directed recovery
- Facilitating three way meetings with family and carers
- Offering advice and guidance to families and carers
- Including families and carers in post discharge plans
At Birchwood we believe that clinical delivery is only a small part of the solution to substance use and we work hard to deliver a well balanced therapeutic programme in welcoming surroundings. We are proud of the fact that 87% of our clients achieve their goal. They are unique and Birchwood helps them stay that way.
20 beds (men and women)